CHICAGO – Ford Motor Co. says it will launch production of a new midsize cross/utility vehicle (CUV), dubbed the CrossTrainer, at its assembly plant here beginning 2004. The CrossTrainer is one of 20 new products Ford says it plans to introduce each year through 2005. The CrossTrainer is a 3-row, 7-passenger model designed to compete with the likes of DaimlerChrysler AG’s upcoming Chrysler Pacifica and Mercedes GST Vision. It will feature a continuously variable transmission (CVT) – the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford to Launch CrossTrainer CUV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.