Ford of Europe joins the auto industry’s jet set with its first-ever direct-injection gasoline (DGI) engine, the all-aluminum Duratec SCi 1.8L DOHC I-4, launched in the latest Mondeo ST220 sedan. Ford joins Volkswagen AG, Mitsubishi Motors Corp., DaimlerChrysler AG and other auto makers in placing a concentration on DGI for its gasoline engines – particularly in Europe, where emissions standards are more accommodating of their typically higher oxides of nitrogen (NOx) output. (See related ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Launches First Direct-Injection Gasoline Engine" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.