DETROIT – Minority- and women-owned suppliers are failing at a greater rate than the rest of the industry, says Ford Motor Co.’s purchasing chief. The tough business environment and a reliance on cheap labor as their only value proposition is largely to blame for the failure of minority- and women-owned suppliers, says Tony Brown, group vice president, global purchasing. “And they tend to be financed through debt, and in many instances its personal debt, and we know what’s going on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Lends Technological Helping Hand to Minority Suppliers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642