Ford Motor Co. announces an alliance with VeraSun Energy Corp., the nation’s second-largest ethanol producer, aiming to increase the availability of E85 in the U.S. About 500 of 180,000 gasoline stations sell E85, which is 85% ethanol and 15% gasoline. Ford, General Motors Corp. and DaimlerChrysler AG have produced about 6 million flexible-fuel vehicles (FFVs) with little infrastructure in place for consumers to fill up on E85. (See related story: E85 Faces Uphill March Despite ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Links With VeraSun to Broaden Availability of Ethanol" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.