LAKE PLACID, NY – Ford Motor Co.'s foray into the employee-discount wars looks to be lacking a clear exit strategy and, based on initial sales results, it may not need one for a while. When asked when the auto maker will bring an end to its “Family Plan,” which offers employee pricing to everyone on most Ford, Mercury and Lincoln vehicles, Ford Div. President Darryl Hazel gives little guidance. Ford President Darryl Hazel says people like no-hassle buying. “That's a good question. I ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Looks to Avoid Pull-Ahead Blues" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.