After postponing the rollout of its redesigned-for-’09 F-150 fullsize pickup, Ford Motor Co. pulls ahead the truck’s marketing campaign launch. Advertising will begin in November, one month earlier than planned, says Jim Farley, group vice president-marketing and communications. Introduction of the newest iteration of Ford’s flagship, America’s best-selling pickup for 31 years running, was delayed to give dealers a chance to move ’08 models in an economic climate dubbed “very fragile” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Makes Up for Lost Time With F-150 Marketing" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.