VIENNA – Ford Motor Co. ZAO, the Russian Ford plant based in Vsevolozhsk, near St. Petersburg, may assemble Land Rover vehicles, the Russian business daily Kommersant says. The newspaper says it was told by an unnamed source at the plant that construction work on a new assembly shop earmarked for Land Rover started earlier this month. Land Rover assembly from semi-knocked-down kits reportedly could be launched during 2007, while completely knocked-down assembly may follow in late 2007 or ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford May Assemble Land Rover in Russia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.