Ford Motor Co. has asked United Auto Workers union leaders to consider extending and expanding buyout programs for its ranks, says UAW Local 1250 President Tim Levandusky in a memo to his members. The need for continued buyouts likely is due to Ford’s planned announcement of an acceleration of its Way Forward North American restructuring strategy, Levandusky says in the memo, adding the announcement is set for Sept. 14. At an Aug. 29 meeting in Detroit, UAW President Ron Gettelfinger and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford May Extend Buyouts, UAW Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.