A deal that would transfer ownership of Ford Motor Co.’s Sandusky, OH, lighting plant to Meridian Automotive Systems has been scuttled following opposition from the United Auto Workers, a union official says. The plant, which operates under the auspices of Ford’s Automotive Components Holdings LLC subsidiary, employs some 850 people and supplies 70% of the lighting systems for the auto maker’s North American vehicle lineup. ACH is composed of orphaned manufacturing plants and other ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford, Meridian Nix Deal for ACH Lighting Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.