LIMA, OH – Ford Motor Co. is working on a strategy to brand its engines in much the same way Chrysler Group does with its Hemi mill, says Barb Samardzich, vice president-powertrain. “We absolutely recognize that’s an opportunity we have to be aggressively going after,” Samardzich tells Ward’s at an event here celebrating the auto maker’s new 3.5L V-6 Duratec 35 engine. “I would really like to have that brand recognition; it’s crucially important,” she says, adding she would like to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Mulling Branded Engine" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.