Ford Motor Co.’s recent $630 million investment in its Kocaeli, Turkey, facility to support production of a next-generation Transit has pundits wondering whether the European commercial van will replace the E-Series fullsize van in North America. While the Transit boasts a more upright body style and the E-series (Econoline) is a traditional box-type work van, both are offered with a variety of engine choices and come available in multiple configurations. The timing seems right to make ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Mum on Plans for Transit in U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.