Ford Motor Co. is adding five more companies to its elite list of strategic suppliers, no doubt brightening the day considerably for Dana Corp., DuPont Automotive, Foster Electric Co., Getrag GmbH and Hella KG Hueck & Co. In an effort to further reduce costs and improve quality, Ford announced in late September that before July 2006 it would cut by 50% the number of suppliers from which it buys key “high impact” commodity parts. These parts include components such as axles, brake ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Names Five More Elite Suppliers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.