NOVI, MI – Ford Motor Co. is primed to exceed its North American target of introducing 65 new or freshened products in five years, Ward's learns. Phil Martens, vice president-North America product creation, tells Ward's he wants to see the company roll out as many as 75 vehicles “because I think that’s what’s necessary to survive.” North American OEMs must learn to ‘copy with pride,’ Ford’s Martens says. In addition, Martens says, Ford may reduce by more than 25% the number of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Needs to Increase Product-Intro Ante, Martens Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.