In the wake of the Firestone tire recall that has rocked Ford Motor Co. and turned a government-directed spotlight on its top-selling Explorer sport/utility vehicle, the automaker now says it may let customers choose the tires they want when buying a new vehicle. “We'll give the customers whatever they want,” Chief Executive Jacques Nasser is quoted as saying at the Paris auto show last week. “This is a major shift.” But a spokeswoman says Ford still hasn't decided whether it will expand ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford to Offer Buyers Tire Choices" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.