NEW YORK – Ford Motor Co. will offer a fire-suppression system as a factory option on its Crown Victoria police interceptors starting with the ’05 model year. There have been 14 police officers killed as a result of fires in Crown Victorias that have been rear-ended at high speed. (See related story: Police Group Sues Over Ford Cruiser Tanks) Ford already has installed shields to prevent fuel-tank ruptures in 280,000 of the 350,000 Crown Vic police cars now on the road. Ford ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford to Offer Fire Suppressant for Crown Vic Police Cruisers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.