Buyers of diesel-equipped ʼ11 model Ford F-Series Super Duty pickups will be able to fuel up with B20 biodiesel without fear of voiding the manufacturer’s warranty. Ford Motor Co. announced this week it is clearing B20 for use in the pickups, which go on sale in first-half 2010 and will be powered by the auto maker’s new 6.7L Power Stroke V-8 diesel. “This is the first of what we expect to be many formal announcements of B20 approval in new clean-diesel technology,” says Steve Howell, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford OKs B20 for Super Duty Pickups" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.