DEARBORN, MI – Ford enters unchartered waters with the announcement it will build a 1.0L 3-cyl. turbocharged direct-injected EcoBoost engine, its smallest production engine ever. Derrick Kuzak, Ford group vice president-global product development, says the time is right for the diminutive engine, which will be sold in all global markets, including North America. Five years ago, when Kuzak announced the arrival of the EcoBoost engine lineup, the strategy was met with skepticism, and he ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Out to Prove Bigger Not Always Better With 1.0L EcoBoost" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.