Eaton Corp., which produces 300 million automotive valves a year, has landed a significant contract in its quest to supply fully assembled cylinder head modules. In January Eaton will begin assembling cylinder heads for Ford Motor Co.'s DOHC V-6 Duratec engines as overflow from Ford's Cleveland engine plant No. 2, WEVTU learns. Eaton will build the units to specification at its Saginaw, MI, plant, integrating components from multiple suppliers. But the Cleveland-based supplier hopes to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford to outsource cylinder-head work" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.