Ford Motor Co. of Australia Ltd. reverses a decision to close its 82-year-old engine plant in Geelong, Victoria. The auto maker last year announced it would shutter the facility in 2010 and replace its aging in-line 6-cyl. engine with an imported Duratec V-6. Ford Australia President and CEO Marin Burela tells a news conference the plant, which employs 400 people, will continue to produce the engine, which now will be engineered to meet Euro 4 emissions standards. “We’ve worked very ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Oz to Keep Geelong Engine Plant Open" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.