DEARBORN, MI â€“ Ford Motor Co. is following a decidedly different path to its upcoming plug-in electric hybrid than General Motors Co. is taking with its Chevrolet Volt extended-range electric vehicle. Unlike the plug-in Volt, which will travel up to 40 miles (64 km) in electric mode before an onboard gasoline engine kicks in to maintain the batteryâ€™s charge, the Ford PHEV will be a â€śblended plug-in,â€ť says Sherif Marakby, Fordâ€™s acting director of sustainable mobility technology and hybrid ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford PHEV Strategy Radical Departure From GMâ€™s Volt" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.