CHICAGO – As part of Ford Motor Co.'s new initiative to improve the perceived quality of vehicle interiors, even the auto maker’s least-costly vehicles are earmarked for substantially better interiors. Ford promises interiors for entry models such as Focus will be improved. The "rat fur" look on vehicle headliners is out at Ford, promises Marek Reichman, Ford director, Interior Strategy, Product and Design Process. Reichman says fuzzy, rat-fur headliners and other poorly perceived ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford to Pick Up Pace for Interiors" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.