Ford Motor Co. comes one step closer to building a second assembly plant in China, securing land rights with partner Changan Automobile Group in an industrial development zone located near Nanjing, about 186 miles (300 km) west of Shanghai. The development could eat up the majority of the $1 billion investment Ford recently earmarked for expansion in China and will lead to the second manufacturing joint venture under the Changan Ford Automobile Corp. Ltd. partnership. Ford’s $1 billion ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Picks Nanjing as Site for Next Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.