DEARBORN, MI – Ford Motor Co. will save $1 billion by spending less on “the little things,” says Nick Scheele, president and chief operating officer. Little things, indeed. Nick Scheele says Ford is on a mission to save $1 billion “We spend a lot of money on light bulbs, on paper, on computers, on tape recorders, on airline flights … these are all areas that we’re going to be looking at,” Scheele tells Ward’s in an exclusive interview. “There is an enormous amount that we ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Pinching Pennies to Save $1 Billion" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.