Ford Motor Co. will pump $62 million into its 1,600-worker Buffalo Stamping plant in Hamburg, NY, in an effort to hike output and widen the scope of parts the facility can produce. Ford will install a new Schuler press. Ford will replace a current press line with a new unit made by Germany’s Schuler AG. The new line has a 3,000-ton (2,722-t) capacity and is slated to start operating in June 2006. The outgoing press’s capacity is 2,000 tons (1,814 t). Ford will begin readying the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Plans $62 Million Press Upgrade for Buffalo" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.