DETROIT – Ford Motor Co. is likely to offer a V-6 turbodiesel for the high-volume F-150 pickup and perhaps on the Explorer SUV as well, but the launch date remains uncertain and it is unclear what company will produce the engine, sources say. Ward’s reported in May that International Truck and Engine Corp. will produce in 2005 a V-6 turbodiesel derived from the Power Stroke V-8 diesel it currently builds for Ford’s heavy-duty pickups. (See related story: International-Ford V-6 Diesel not ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Ponders V-6 Diesel Sourcing" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.