Quality. Itâ€™s the perpetual holy grail of any industry. And it takes on gargantuan proportions in the automotive industry for a couple simple reasons. A defective vehicle poses a larger safety risk than a faulty appliance and costs substantially more. At Ford, quality issues constitute an albatross around its neck and they are being addressed from every angle. Within the powertrain operations, the mandate to improve came down three years ago, and executives say they are starting to see ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford â€śPowersâ€ť Up Quality" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.