Ford Motor Co. will produce a new model based on its Fiesta car in China at its 50/50 joint venture with auto maker Chang’an Auto Group. The model is expected to go on sale next April for about RMB100,000 ($12,082) and come in 1L or 1.5L variants. Ford, which invested $49 million in the JV, hopes to produce 50,000 units a year at the JV plant, located in the city of Chongquing. A Ford China spokesman says capacity could be increased to 150,000 units annually in the future.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford to Produce Model Based on Fiesta in China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.