DEARBORN – Ford Motor Co. won’t introduce the gasoline-electric Escape earlier than its scheduled debut, Chairman and CEO Bill Ford Jr. tells shareholders while hinting at other hybrids and promising a second-quarter profit. “Unfortunately, we cannot pull ahead the hybrid Escape,” Bill Ford says at the auto maker’s 47th annual shareholders’ meeting May 9 in Irvine, CA. “It’s set to launch the back end of next year. But we do have the ability to migrate that technology to other vehicles ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Promises Green Products and Black Bottom Line" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.