DEARBORN, MI – Ford Motor Co. isn’t ready to share specific data – power and torque bragging rights are too critical in the heavy-duty pickup sector to let rivals get a look this far in advance, but the auto maker is promising its new homegrown Power Stroke diesel engine easily will surpass the previous generation in performance and efficiency. A demonstration here of the engine running at idle proves the new 6.7L V-8 also will operate with only a fraction of the outgoing 6.4L Power Stroke ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Promises Less Noise, More Power From New Heavy-Duty Diesel" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.