The Ford Ranger scores what the European New Car Assessment Program calls a remarkable result as it becomes first pickup to achieve a 5-star rating in Europe’s crash-test protocol, scoring 89% for overall safety. Euro NCAP says that is the best score ever earned by a pickup and one of the highest scores for any type of vehicle. The Ranger also achieved an 81% rating for pedestrian protection, the highest rating of any pickup ever tested by the program. The safety organization says the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Ranger Wins Top European Safety Rating" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.