Ford Motor Co. will notify dealers on July 12 of a ’04 Ford Ranger safety recall, the auto maker confirms to Ward's. It is unclear how many Ranger pickups are affected by the pending recall but Ford says the potentially defective trucks were built between June 2-23. A Ford memo leaked to Ward's tells dealers that frames on regular cab models built at the company’s Twin Cities, MN, plant have center rail flanges that were formed incorrectly, leading to potential fuel-tank punctures causing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford to Recall Ranger Pickups for Potential Fuel-Tank Problems" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.