The Ford Thunderbird gets a swift kick in the rear on its way out the door, as Ford Motor Co. recalls the roadster and its Lincoln LS platform mate for potentially defective fuel tanks. The Thunderbird, scheduled to end production this summer, is assembled along with the LS at the Wixom, MI, assembly plant. An estimated 60 vehicles from the â€™05 model year built between Feb. 23 and Feb. 28 could be fitted with the suspect fuel tanks, a company spokeswoman tells Wardâ€™s. (See related story: ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Recalls â€™05 LS, Thunderbird" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.