Ford Motor Co. is recalling about 1.2 million Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable sedans and station wagons built since 1999 for two separate issues. The first recall covers 938,789 ’00-’03 Taurus and Sable models produced prior to March 2003. Vehicles are being recalled to replace a malfunctioning brake-lamp switch and wiring harness connected to it with a “more robust design,” a Ford spokesman says. Grease from the switch’s pivot point potentially can trickle into the electrical part of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Recalls 1.2 million Taurus/Sable Cars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.