Ford Motor Co. is calling back 792,000 pickups and SUVs due to a risk of fire. Affected are ’00 model F-150 pickups and Expedition and Navigator SUVs, plus ’01 model F-Series Supercrew pickups. Ford says defective speed-control switches could cause an under-hood fire. The auto maker plans to deactivate switches, then have owners bring the vehicles back to dealers a second time for replacement switches once they become available. Ford says it will begin to notify owners of the recall by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Recalls 792,000 Trucks" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.