Ford Motor Co. reportedly is voluntarily calling back 155,700 Crown Victoria police cruisers and taxis built in the '03-'05 model years. The sedans are at risk of catching on fire due to a sound insulator that could slip out of position and overheat. The insulation is located under the dash and could ignite critical components. The auto maker says no accidents or injuries have been reported in connection to the potential risk.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Recalls Crown Vics Over Fire Concern" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.