Ford Motor Co. is calling back 424,164 ’00-’02 model Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable passenger cars with adjustable pedals because in some cases the brake pedal may be positioned too close to the accelerator, causing misapplication. Ford says manufacturing variability is to blame for the defect, which could be found on cars built between May 3, 1999 and Sept. 14, 2001. Ford will make adjustments to pedals on the cars as needed. The auto maker says no other vehicles offering the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Recalls Taurus/Sable Cars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642