DEARBORN, MI – Checks and balances in Ford Motor Co.’s vehicle design process are under the microscope as part of the automaker’s latest bid to improve quality, says James J. Padilla, group vice president-North America. “We need to make sure we get robustness tests for components, systems and vehicles that reflect customer duty cycles,” Padilla says, adding it has begun to take place at Ford “in an accelerated manner.” His remarks come in the wake of a recall affecting nearly 280,000 ’00 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Redoubles Efforts to Guarantee Precision" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.