Ford Motor Co. is planning to replace its aging plant in the Philippines with a new facility to be built in Thailand. The Bangkok Post reports the auto maker’s future product lineup in Thailand may become more diversified with the proposed plant, to be located in the eastern province of Rayong. Ford’s Philippines’ operation builds the Focus and Mazda3, but the planned Thai factory is expected to become a regional hub for Ford's C-segment cars. “Scheduled to open in less than two ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford to Replace Philippines Plant With Thailand Facility" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.