Hoping to anticipate the needs and wants of its customers, Ford Motor Co. has realigned its North American Product Development organization. The move, which represents a departure from the more traditional practice of vehicle-specific product development and marks a break from the structure launched under former Chairman Alex Trotman's Ford 2000 plan, creates five teams of engineers, designers and researchers. Implemented last month following a late-2000 rollout within the ranks of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Restructures Product Development" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.