DEARBORN, MI – The shock waves from Ford Motor Co.’s major restructuring announcement in January still are reverberating throughout the automotive industry. But while the focus has been on the Dearborn, MI-based auto maker, little attention has been given to what material suppliers have been enduring. Included in the shakeup at Ford: a $1 billion charge on an undisclosed amount of palladium (used in catalytic converters to lower emissions); closure of the Cleveland, OH, aluminum casting ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Restructuring Shakes Up Materials Industry" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.