CHICAGO â In July, Ford Motor Co.âs Torrence Ave. assembly plant in Chicago added a fourth car to its mix, the â09 Lincoln MKS flagship sedan, alongside the Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable sedans and Ford Taurus X crossover. But on Nov. 3 the plant is going to go from two shifts to one and lay off 792 workers at the historic site that once assembled the Model A, Model T, Thunderbird and others. âTell me when the economy is going to recover and Iâll tell you when we go back to two shifts,â ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fordâs Chicago Plant Awaits Better News" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.