Look for the "Made in China" stamp on more components used by Ford Motor Co. by mid-decade, says Nick Scheele, president and chief operating officer. This will be particularly true of forgings and wiring harnesses because, after advanced technology and high quality, the auto maker looks for "good shippers," he tells analysts. "Those are all in the good shipper category." How much business will Ford do with China? "I would anticipate that, particularly as we expand our manufacturing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fordâ€™s China Spending Could Approach $10 Billion Before 2010" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.