DEARBORN, MI ā Ford Motor Co. says its ā09 Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan hybrid-electric vehicles will feature smoother transitions between electric and gasoline modes. The next-generation hybrids, set to debut late next year, āwill have battery and fuel-economy improvements and other refinements,ā says Sherif Marakby, chief engineer, global core HEV propulsion system engineering. āItās the smoothness of operation ā what the customer will actually feel when the engine is off or on,ā he ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fordās Next-Gen Hybrids Promise More Refinement" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.