The soy-based foam to be used in seats for the ā08 Ford Mustang wonāt reduce Ford Motor Co.ās costs, but it will advance the auto makerās bid to be āgreen.ā So says a key-supplier of the environmentally friendly material designed to replace petroleum-based foam that is the industry norm. āThe primary effort is definitely to be green,ā Jeff Frelich, director-research and design, Lear Corp. tells Wardās. āBut what weāre hoping is, as the economies of scale grow with this product, we are ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fordās Soy Seats Say Green, But Donāt Save Green" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.