DEARBORN, MI â Ford next year plans to offer its Sync multimedia system outside North America, with the capability to operate in 19 languages through voice recognition. The system, based on the Microsoft Auto software platform, was designed to be highly flexible, but reconfiguring the voice-recognition technology to accommodate numerous languages and different dialects proved no easy task. âIt (was) a great challenge,â John Schneider, chief engineer-infotainment, tells Wardâs at a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fordâs Sync Ready for Global Debut" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.