Televised Congressional hearings on federal bridge loans for the Detroit Three and speculation over the auto makers’ potential bankruptcy didn’t necessary hurt Ford Motor Co.’s November U.S. sales, but they likely didn’t help, the auto maker’s top marketing executive says. “It’s difficult to separate the fundamental impact (the hearings) had on customer sentiment vs. other things going on, so we don’t want to over emphasize the impact…because it’s across all brands,” says Jim Farley, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Sales Plummet 30.4% in November; Market Share Improves" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.