DEARBORN, MI – Ford says its new safety technologies, set to debut next year on the ’13 Explorer SUV, are superior to similar features offered by competitors. The system combines three features – driver-alert system, lane-keeping alert and lane-keeping aid. The driver-alert system uses a front-mounted camera to monitor the vehicle’s movement in relation to lane markings. If erratic driving is detected, a chime sounds and a coffee-cup icon is displayed on the instrument cluster. In the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Says New Safety Systems Superior to Competition" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.