Just three weeks before the official Job 1 date, Ford Motor Co. already is searching for ways to boost output of its all-new Escape sport/utility vehicle (SUV) at its Kansas City, MO, plant. With 35,000 sold dealer orders so far, Ford now says Kansas City will build closer to 110,000 units (Escape/Mazda Tribute) by year's end, not 70,000 as was first forecast. The company also is searching for a way to increase production for Europe. While capacity at Kansas City is 260,000 vehicles, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford Searching for More Escape Output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.