Ford Motor Co. says it will begin selling a hybrid-electric powered sport/utility vehicle in 2003 that will achieve nearly 40 mpg in city driving. The Escape hybrid is the first SUV that will qualify as a Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle (SULEV) under California standards, while offering performance nearly as good as a V-6 powered Escape. Ford says the SUV also will meet Stage IV emissions requirements in Europe before they become mandatory in the '05 model year. The conventional Escape, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford to Sell Hybrid-Electric SUV in 2003" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.