BOLOGNA – The buzz at the Bologna auto show is that Ford Motor Co.’s Premier Automotive Group is in such need of cash that it is looking to sell Volvo Car to Renault SA. New products such as new XC90 CUV make Volvo Cars an attractive buy. This is not the first time such rumors about PAG have surfaced in Europe. Ford President Nick Scheele in June vehemently denied Ford is selling any of the PAG brands, calling the idea “idiotic.” But the rumors persist. (see related story: ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ford to Sell Volvo to Renault?" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.